exporting or printing in PDF format in Exel

Copper Contributor

I have an excel workbook that I have been using for years for invoicing.  This first page of the workbook has a portrait layout, the remaining 4 pages are in landscape.  I've tried exporting to pdf and printing to pdf, but it always seams to break the document into several files.  Is there something I can do to print to pdf with both page layouts (portrait and landscape) in one file?  I would think the software should be able to figure this out, I certainly cannot.

8 Replies

Hi David,

With such options

image.png

is saves correctly, sample is attached

Sergei,  You are an angel my friend!  Thank you soo much - that was much easier and painless then I could have imagined.

Cheers,  Dave

David, you are welcome

Hi Sergei,

How could I do this solution on my Excel for Mac, the Office 365 Subscription.

In print preview I could see the page formatting Okay. But when I try to Save As PDF, it ignores the formatting and saves on several pages in one file.

Thank you,,

Hani

Hi Hani,

Sorry, but I never worked with Excel for Mac, perhaps someone else could help.

@Sergei Baklan where is this setting, I can't find it. Tks,

@Hani Gazzaz   Interesting. I can make a single document in Word, but not in Excel, printing pages in both Portrait and Landscape mode. In Word, I inserted a "Section Break" between the pages. Excel offers page breaks, but not Section Breaks.

As a work-around, a PDF editor such as PDF Expert would allow you to save as PDF (from Excel) the portrait page and landscape page separately, then integrate them into a single PDF document. It's not terribly time-consuming, but for use on infrequent occasions at least enables the desired result. And PDF Expert is available in the Apple App Store. 

clipboard_image_0.png

@jane429 

In Save As select PDF type and click More options

image.png

Here Options... shall appear

image.png

where you may select desired setting

image.png