excel worksheet protection

Copper Contributor

I used to be able to protect multiple sheets in an Excel workbook by simply choosing the sheets, then protecting them.  Now I cannot do that any more!  MS removed this ability from Macs?!?

I have 40 worksheets that need to be protected and several that need to stay unprotected.  Please tell me there is a way to protect those sheets without manually protecting 40 sheets one at a time!

3 Replies
I don't know about Mac Excel, but in Windows Excel this has never been possible unless you use a VBA macro.

@Jan Karel Pieterse 

Yeah, there are a lot of features that disappeared in the most recent version.  It's very frustrating, especially since Microsoft originally wrote Excel for the Mac then later just kluged it to make it fit Windows.  I can understand that MS can't do all the things in Windows that they have done in Macs, but why get rid of these features in the Mac?!?  Just trying not to hurt Window's feelings?

Enough venting.  I use VBA, although I am not an expert.  Can you give me some info about a macro to lock down worksheets?

Thanks, Charlie

@Robinsong Simple enough:

Sub UnprotectAll()
    Dim Sh As Worksheet
    For Each Sh In Worksheets
        Sh.Unprotect PassWord:="drowssaP"
    Next
End Sub