Home

csv exports unicode errors

RGPlants
Occasional Visitor

Hi wonder if someone can help please. Im trying to upload product onto my website using a csv file but I keep getting the following errors:-

I have setup products in the main software as suggested and downloded via csv to ensure i have the correct format/template.

Line 0 could not be read. Details: utf8 "\xE9" does not map to Unicode

I have tried this in Microsoft excel, and openoffice but the same error code exists.
If I try and re-upload the raw file template from the web provider with no alteration/additions the same error message still exists.
I have tried uploading as csv comma delimited, csv semicolon delimited, and unicode format.

Im using fasthosts platform.

Any help would be really appreciated

1 Reply

Hi 

When uploading csv the complete syntax needs to be spot on, if not it does not work on a lot of websites.  What I try to do is:

1. download data in csv from the website and open teh file so you can see the exact structure. 

2. Make sure you have the same separators (; or, or...) in your file as in the download.  Check if you need to use the " " signs around values. 

3. If you need to change the separator: open the csv in wordpad (right click, open with) and use the replace function to replace all "," with ";" in one go. save it and upload 

4. if you need to add " " to your values you can use a VB code that yo u can find on the internet

Being precise is key in uploading csv data.

hope this helps

Related Conversations
Stable version of Edge insider browser
HotCakeX in Discussions on
35 Replies
flashing a white screen while open new tab
cntvertex in Discussions on
13 Replies
Tabs and Dark Mode
cjc2112 in Discussions on
22 Replies
How to Prevent Teams from Auto-Launch