copy as picture changing formatting

Copper Contributor

as seen after "copy as picture"as seen after "copy as picture"as seen in excelas seen in excel

Hello all,

I have noticed that using the copy as picture function in excel changes the formatting when you then paste in the picture.

I have a bar chart with some data labels and for some of the bars the text doesn't fit in one line so I have resized that individual label to be taller and allow two lines of text. However, when I "copy as a picture", despite selecting the appearance "as shown on screen" it changes the formatting of that label back to one line meaning it doesn't fit within the box.

I have attached some images showing an example of the problem. So far the only sure-fire method I have found for getting the image exactly as I see it on the screen is using snipping tool but I want a standard process I can use to create images of the same size every time.

Thanks

1 Reply
WHat happens if you take the picture using the Camera tool? (right-click QAT, choose Customize Quick Access Toolbar, from "Choose commands from", select "Commands not in the ribbon". Then select the area you want a picture from and click the camera button.