SOLVED

content protected cells can be deleted even though cell is blocked and worksheet is protected

Copper Contributor

Hi,

In one of the worksheet it is possible to delete content of protected cells even though cells are blocked and the worksheet is protected. The workbook contains macros, but they are not active at that time.

The workbook consists of several sheets and this error does not occur there.

Does anyone know what to do?

Thanks!

Ciska

6 Replies
Not all sheets have been protected. Locked cells are only locked after protecting the sheet.

@Jan Karel Pieterse 

Hi, thanks for your reply. It is specifically about cells with formulas in the last tab 'monitoring projecten', like A5:A24. These cells are locked and even if the sheet is protected, the content can be deleted.. The same applies for example J5:T24, Q37:T37, Q39:T41 and so on..

Maybe I forgot to protect this sheet before uploading, but if you try you'll see.

How very odd. It appears as if your file is (partly) corrupted somehow.

@Jan Karel Pieterse 

yep, indeed... and given the amount of referrals, I hope there's another solution before I have to replace it completely

best response confirmed by CisDir (Copper Contributor)
Solution
I've found a possible cause for this. It looks like the fact that you have set up "Allow Edit ranges" interferes with the worksheet protection and locked cells.

@Jan Karel Pieterse 

Yes, thanks! this was the cause, problem solved! I wasn't aware of this.. 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by CisDir (Copper Contributor)
Solution
I've found a possible cause for this. It looks like the fact that you have set up "Allow Edit ranges" interferes with the worksheet protection and locked cells.

View solution in original post