compare two spreadsheets (merge if possible)

Copper Contributor

workbook januaryworkbook january

Capture.PNG

I receive a file each month with a list of patients and what preventative services are due.  I change the cell color of the x cells to green when I have completed them.  next month I will receive a file and I would like to see the differences of what they needed this month versus last month that I may have already done but the company did not receive the service yet.  there can be patients added or taken off each file and I would like to see the differences and/or merge so that I do not duplicate work I have already done.  

example:  last month jill smith needed a bmi and a colon, I completed the bmi (which is why it is green) and submitted to the insurance company.

the current report shows jill smith needing  bmi (which I have already completed last month but they did not receive in time to update) , a mammogram (wasn't needed last month so wasn't completed), and a colon (I did not complete last month, which is why it was not colored green in last month's spreadsheet and remains on it this month)

I do not need to submit the bmi again since I have already done it so I would like that to be green on the current months report.  new patient rows would have to be added as well.

what is the easiest way to accomplish this?  I have excel 16 (but I cannot find inquire or compare on my ribbon or in the addins)

4 Replies
I cannot give you the answer to the easiest way, but to turn on inquire, Go File, Options, Add-ins, then at the bottom switch Manage to Com Add-ins and you can enable inquire there. Good luck with an easier option, i am sure someone on here will have the answer.
I do not have this option under the manage com addins, as mentioned above. hopefully someone can chime in:)
apologies i did not read your original post properly! Inquire is only available in the Office Professional Plus and Office 365 Professional Plus editions, are you running either of these?

Try Synkronizer Excel Add-in for Compare Two Spreadsheets, Also you can Merge Multiple Excel Files using this Excel Add-in.

Check Features - https://www.synkronizer.com/compare-excel-tables-features/compare