column width. I set my column width for my spreadsheets, save and when I reopen they have changed.

Copper Contributor

I do spreadsheets for my work and on my new windows 10 when I set the column width and save and then reopen, the column widths are no longer what I set up.  I make the corrections, save and close and when I reopen they are wrong again.  I am confused, never had this problem until I updated to Windows 10

5 Replies

Do you have a non-sensitive example file you could provide in order to help assess the issue?  Or perhaps some screenshots?

Do you have Pivot Tables in the file?  Sometimes they auto fit columns on update.

Mine are doing the same thing starting a couple weeks ago after the windows update. These are spreadsheets I have used fine for years. Suddenly they reset every time I open them.

@Jim Johnson 

I finally added <-----header-----> and that ensured the column width was what I wanted each time I opened, This was previously particularly annoying in a pivot table

Thanks for the suggestion of a header. Hope this works for my pivot table.
I had a header in my pivot table, but it still shrunk the column width each time that I refreshed. Any ideas?