auto change cell colour based on date

Brass Contributor

Hello again, 

I'm hoping the forum can help.

I have an excel sheet where i need to highlight a cell with a date in it, that is 3 days past today's date, when the "staff name" cell is white (no fill).

When the "staff name" cell is highlighted green, i need the date cell to go white (no fill). I have tried different formatting and tried some VBA coding, but i cant get it to do what i need.

I have attached an example to show what i mean and hopefully it will be clearer as to what i mean.

Hoping someone can help,

thanks in advance

Philip

4 Replies

pls see attached file.

thanks..

Hi

i have already used the simple conditional formatting you have shown, but thanks for that.

The significance of the "green" cell E9, is when the staff member (in this case JONES) submits their paperwork it is hyperlinked and the cell goes green.

So, cell B9 will go "red" if paperwork is outstanding after 3 days. However, when they submit paperwork, it is hyperlinked and their name will go green (i have formatting for this already). This is when i need the date cell (B9) to go back to no fill.

I hope this makes sense

Thanks

pls see attached file..

I am encountering some problem with the file I send you.
I might have bitten more than I could chew!
kindly check your conditional formattings -
there might be some residues of previous tests of yours that is hampering the procedure.
if not, I would suggest you post this query under a different title and start afresh.
sorry for wasting your time.
good luck..