Home

Wrong format when adding a new row into a "formatted excel table"

PaulSTOFFAES
New Contributor

I am very often using the below functionnality to save time in formatting tables, benefitting of the advanced formulas functionalities. 

2019-03-30_07h44_27.png

Nevertheless, i am regularly facing the below issue. 

The situation : 

In this example i have the below table formatted : 

2019-03-30_07h47_20.png

I am adding a row at the botom of the table : 

2019-03-30_07h47_56.png

As you can see, the row is automatically formatted, but instead of applying the expected format, the added row is blue....this blue color is coming from a row i had into my initial table before i converted it as an "Excel formatted table"....

2019-03-30_07h48_12.png

• If I insert a row in the middle of the table, the row is properly formatted. 
  • In this example this is the color of the row that is not as expected but i faced some different cases, such as : "the dropdown list is not inserted when i add a row"....

What i would like ? 

• Know where i can modify the row used as a "template" to format the inserted row into my table. So that i can adjust it and avoid the issue i face
2 Replies

Hi Paul,

This issue may occur if you format a range of cells (that has an existing format) as a table in a certain color scheme.

You need to clear the old format by selecting the table, then go to Home >> Font >> Fill Color >> No Fill as shown in the below screenshot.

No Fill.png

I have answered a similar question before in this link.

Hope that helps

@PaulSTOFFAES

Hello @Haytham Amairah, thanks for your answer, i am filing a bit confused/stupid as it is so simple....never had the idea...I made the test for the color but also for a drop down list and it worked. 

Thank you very much for your answer.

Related Conversations
Tabs and Dark Mode
cjc2112 in Discussions on
46 Replies
Extentions Synchronization
Deleted in Discussions on
3 Replies
Stable version of Edge insider browser
HotCakeX in Discussions on
35 Replies
flashing a white screen while open new tab