SOLVED

Worksheets

Copper Contributor

I've been working with Excel 2013 for years then bought Office 365.  First job with new Excell I downloaded some bank data as Excel files and I cannot find a way to label a worksheet, or even see a tab.  I want to create multiple worksheets by copying from different Excel files, then consolidate all data into a common worksheet.

What am I doing wrong that I cannot see worksheet tabs in an .xlsx Excel file?  Is this an option setting problem?

3 Replies
best response confirmed by Patrick Wood (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi Patrick,

Please go to Excel Options >> Advanced, then scroll down until you find this checkbox as shown in the screenshot below, and make sure it's checked.

Show sheet tabs.png

Hope that helps

What could be else - some banking software generates Excel files where tabs area is minimized to zero, like this

image.png

If focus the mouse on 3 dots and drag to the right tabs will appear:

image.png

Thanks Haytham!  That works perfectly.  The Bank software downloads files in .XLM format which I saved as .XLSX format.  Maybe that is why that option was not set in the .XLSX file.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Patrick Wood (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi Patrick,

Please go to Excel Options >> Advanced, then scroll down until you find this checkbox as shown in the screenshot below, and make sure it's checked.

Show sheet tabs.png

Hope that helps

View solution in original post