SOLVED

Why do I Get an "@" automatically at the beginning of each formula?

Copper Contributor

Why do I Get an "@" automatically at the beginning of each formula? The formula works perfectly but it automatically creates the "@":

=@IF(ISBLANK(H265);IF(@BDS($C265;I$1;"Dir=V";"EndCol=2";"EndRow=1";"cols=2;rows=1")="#N/A Field Not Applicable";"-";BDS($C265;I$1;"Dir=V";"EndCol=2";"EndRow=1";"cols=2;rows=1"));BDP($H265;$B$1))

7 Replies
Please, has anyone seen something like this? thank you

@VitorT 

It looks like formula was created in Excel with Dynamic Arrays, and you use it in pre-DA Excel. Is that the case?

@Sergei Baklan Thanks for the prompt response.

It is a mixed formula with external (Bloomberg excel add-in) and excel forulas in it - arrays I guess?
for the Pre-DA thing, does this means this is pre-release, beta version testing?

Thank you

best response confirmed by VitorT (Copper Contributor)
Tks Sergei, those links helped a lot.

In all, I rolled back my Office to Pre-DA by going to File>Account>office Insider>unsubscribe

then I updated Office

and Lastly I Removed and reinstalled my Excel Add-in

@VitorT , I see, so you created your formulas in Insiders version and now see in regular one. 

@VitorT 

Hi Vitor, 

I have the same issue and it was breaking my formula functions. See post below. However I noticed that Excel stopped automatically inserting the "@" symbol without any new updates that I know of. Still version 1910. 

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Excel/Implicit-intersection-operator-breaking-my-formulas/m-p... 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VitorT (Copper Contributor)