Version of Formula?

Deleted
Not applicable

Hi Everyone,

I am new to excel, can you please tell me what kind of this formula? please kindly provide detail how it works? any links for me to learn more about this?

Thank you so much

=IFERROR(IF(Table_Inventory_Items[@[item_2_category_id]]="","",IF(Table_Inventory_Items[@[item_2_category_id]]=Sheet1!A5,"",VLOOKUP(Table_Inventory_Items[@[item_2_category_id]],Table_Inventory_Item_Categories,2,FALSE))),"")

2 Replies
The formula belongs to a table.
When you see @, it means "look at the value in the same row where the formula is, and pick the value under the field between brackets.

There is a table named Table_Inventory_Items
The formula says:
If the value under the field (column) [item_2_category_id] in the same row of the cell containing the formula is "" (empty), then produce "" (empty), otherwise,
If that same value under [item_2_category_id] is equal to the value in cell A5 of sheet 1, then produce "" (empty) as well, otherwise
look for the value in column [item_2_category_id]] in the first column of another table called Table_Inventory_Item_Categories and produce the corresponding value in column 2 of that table.
I hope this helps.

I recommend you read or watch videos about Excel Tables. Knowing Excel Tables and taking advantage of them, allows you to step up your game in Excel.