Undo/remove protected workbook encrypted with password

Copper Contributor
HI, I have protected a woorkbook with a encrypted password. How do I undo it/remove the password? I know the password. I've done this in archive, info, not in "Granska" in Swedish, I don't know what that menye is called i English... thank you!
7 Replies
Under the "Review" Tab there is a section called "Protect". You may remove the workbook protection here.
The protection of the workbook is not made with rewiew, procetc, its made in archive and info (se attached image). How do I undo that protection? Its the whole workbook that is looked, not just the work sheet or work book strukture. thanks!
Go into File, Info, Protect Workbook, and Encrypt with Password. If you have not already, type in the password. Click Protect Workbook and Encrypt with Password again. Delete the password and click OK. This will remove the Encryption of the entire workbook.
Worked great! Thanks!
You’re welcome!
Thank you for the information. I also had to go to the Protect Workbook Structure and do the same thing as the Encrypt steps. Worked in removing the workbook protection and need for password.
Thank you.
Thank you very much! I was in a nightmare trying to unprotect a workbook, but this is the answer.
Much appreciated