Two versions of Personal Macro Workbooks

Copper Contributor

When I run a macro, my worksheet correctly pulls the code from my PERSONAL file; however, I have two copies of PERSONAL, and I want my worksheet to pull the code from the one that resides in user\username\appdata\roaming\microsoft\excel\XLSTART rather than my Dropbox copy.

How can I direct Excel to point to the correct version of PERSONAL?

3 Replies
Since Excel is only capable of opening one file with that name in a session I would suggest to rename either of the personal.xlsb files, namely the one that Excel does NOT automatically open on starting.

@Jan Karel Pieterse   I'm trying to force Excel to look at the PERSONAL file that's in my User account rather than using the one in my Dropbox account.  I changed the name of the version in Dropbox, and then try to run a Macro.  Excel told me it couldn't find the file located in my Dropbox, and asked if I renamed it.  The fact that Excel told it couldn't find the file in Dropbox tells me something is directing Excel to look in Dropbox for the PERSONAL file.  I'm just trying to redirect Excel to look for PERSONAL in the usual storage location under my User name.

How precisely are you trying to run that macro? If a button somewhere, then that button probably points to the wrong file and you need to reassign the macro to the button.