Transferring data from multiple sheets to a summary sheet

Copper Contributor

I don't use excel very much, just do basic stuff on a spread sheet. However, I have a client that needs to trackpatient receipts by patient so I envision numerous sheets with cell amounts transferred to the first sheet which will be a summary sheet. I've seen these formulas before, but I don't have access to one at present and don't recall from memory. I know it's a simple formula somewhat, but just don't remember how to word the formula

3 Replies

Hello,

in order to suggest a formula it would be really useful to learn how the workbook is structured.

A very simple formula that pulls a value from a different sheet can be created like this:

In the Summary sheet, select a cell. Type a = sign, then click the sheet tab of the source and click the cell that has the value you want to show in the summary sheet. The formula in the Summary sheet will look something like this

='Other sheet"!$F$5

where "Other sheet" is the name of the other sheet and cell F5 was clicked in the process I explained above.

Does that help?

A quick way to go about fixing this problem would be to copy the sheet that you have, and then paste special the information. Then if you make any changes as well to the data it will automatically be computed in the other tab

@Josh Powers Can you explain that in a bit more detail? How will pasted data automatically compute in the other sheet? Which option of Paste Special would you use for that?