Transfering from 2 work books from multiple sheets and updates itself

Brass Contributor

Good Evening Gentlemen,

I and doing two work book I need that the information from multiple work sheets gets transferred and updated into the second work book.

I have been using = and enter, it does copy but it does not update the information for me what am i doing wrong.

I have one work book with multiple work sheets and another with a single work sheet.

I need to transfer data from the multiple work sheets and make it that if work book one's work sheet row is changed it will automatically update or change to work book 2.

1 Reply

Karol-

Try looking at this post.  It references another way to go about what you're doing that may work better depending on your particular scenario:

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Excel/Adding-information-to-different-sheets/td-p/194438

The workbook should update using your current method too though.  Have you tried going to:

1. Data Tab

2. Connections

3. Then Selecting the link and refreshing it

or

1. Data Tab

2. Refresh All

I'm attaching the workbook with data connections to this post as well for easy reference.  It uses links to the source data in order to get different "views" without modifying the source data.