SOLVED

Transfering data from one tab to anoter

Copper Contributor

Hello Everyone

I have data in a Excel Worksheet that I populate into another tab of the same worksheet to create a graph of the data. I have a large number of data points in the tab so I cut and paste each line one by one. Is there a way to automate this process so that it would act as a slide show in the chart tab?

7 Replies
Hi Albert, can you clarify what you mean by slide show?
I would like to go down the list of data in Tab 1 as quickly as possible. If I could go through the list with one click

If the only purpose of moving data from one tab to another is to build the graph on subset of data, why don't build it on full set and use any kind of filtering (e.g. slicers) to show proper graphs?

Or a Pivot chart?
The data comes from an Excel Add-on so I only truly need to move the ticker to Tab 2. So if there was a way to move the tickers from Tab one to Tab two without either cutting or pasting or printing the list
The data comes from an Excel Add-on so I only truly need to move the ticker to Tab 2. So if there was a way to move the tickers from Tab one to Tab two without either cutting or pasting or printing the list
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

Hello Everyone

With a little help from my son I figured out a solution. Utilizing the data tab and Data Validation tool. I named the cell and then I allow the List added the source column and created a drop down of that column.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

Hello Everyone

With a little help from my son I figured out a solution. Utilizing the data tab and Data Validation tool. I named the cell and then I allow the List added the source column and created a drop down of that column.

View solution in original post