Transfer Data from one workbook to another

Copper Contributor

Hi everyone, 

I am trying to figure out the best way to use a master excel sheet to an overview for each individual.  The data is the same on the individual sheet but needs to use the data from each row.  What is the best way to do this without going through each individual sheet and linking each row for each student? I have been doing it yearly by linking each row from the master sheet to the individual sheets.  I know there must be an easier way.  

Thank you in advance

7 Replies
I see only one sheet in your attached file. Where are the individual sheets you are referring to?

@Twifoo 

I apologize.  I have attached the individual payment sheets that I want the information transferred into.  In the past, I have linked each cell to the master sheet, but I know there has to be an easier way.  I want to put the data in the master sheet and have it automatically transfer to the individual sheets.  I may need to rework the entire master sheet or individual sheets.  Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!!!  :)

Please also attach the master sheet in your attached file. Remember to manually enter your desired results in the master sheet. Thereby, I can decipher the formulas you need.

@Twifoo 

I have attached the master sheet and the "practice individual sheets" that I am using.  I need the data from the master sheet to be placed into the individual sheets.  I want to be sure that if I change information on the master sheet that it will be updated to the individual sheets.  I want the master sheet to be my working document and be able to print the individual sheets for the students.  

I have indicated where I want the data to come from off the master sheet onto student 1 individual sheet.  I only did the first two payments, but it would continue in the same manner for the remainder of the payments.  

Thank you 

@Twifoo 

Not sure if both files are attaching.  Here is the master sheet as well.  

Perhaps, you misunderstood my earlier request. I will make it clearer this time. I request you to attach your sample file with:
1. The master sheet; and
2. The individual sheets.
Note that all of the foregoing sheets must be contained in ONLY ONE sample file. Enter your formulas in the master sheet so I will know how the results therein were determined. Hopefully, we could arrive at formulas that return your desired results.

I will put the data in the master sheet since it is payments received from each individual student.  I just need the information to be transferred into the individual sheets as soon as I update the master sheet.  I really hope that you will be able to assist me with this!!!!  Thank you in advance for your time.  

@Twifoo