Time

Copper Contributor

I am trying to set up an excel spreadsheet with time from Quick books, however it is not converting correctly.  I have changed to time in every possible way and it is still not giving me the correct conversion.  Anyone have any helpful tips? 

5 Replies

Eve,

Please provide us with a sample of these times!

Attached is a copy of the spreadsheet 

Hello,

can you spend a few more words on what the problem is? What do you want to convert from? What do you want to convert to? What is not working?  

Your data seems to be in decimals, so one hour and a quarter is entered as 1.25. If you want to convert that to a time format, you need to divide it by 24 and format with custom format [hh]:mm

Thank you for the help, so Quick books has employee time saved as- .05 for 5 min and 1:00 for 1 hour, however this does not add the same in excel.  Each way I have tried to format the cells still does not give me the total as quick books has.  I need the 1 hour to be converted to 60 min not 1 hour for the time to add as quick books.  Am I a little more clear?  In the excel I posted the top group, Brandon, needs to add to 12:32, 12 hours and 32 min, I cant seem to get it there with out manually entering the converted time.  I hope that helps clear up my needs, thank you again for the help! 

Which data in the Excel sample is from Quickbooks? If Quickbooks shows 1:00 (with a colon) for one hour, then I really doubt that it shows 5 minutes as 0.05 (with a decimal point).

To convert decimals to hours, divide the decimal number by 24 and format the result with a time format.

To convert a time value to a decimal number, multiply the time value with 24 and format the result as a general, with as many decimals as you want to see.