Table Slicer Value in Formula

Iron Contributor

Hello,

I have been dabling with Excel table slicers. When I chec the slicer settings there is a "Name to use in formula:" info which implies I can use the slicer selected value in a formula. However although I check the internet for this I couldn't find any information except for the slicers for pivot tables.  

So I would really like to learn whether I can use a table slicer selected value in a formula or in a cell range? If so how can I achieve this?

Thanks in advance for any support.

2 Replies

@erol sinan zorlu This name is for use in Power Pivot data models and using the CubeRankedMembers function, or using VBA. The slicer and its selection cannot be used in worksheet formulas.

But you can use the slicer selection in formulas with a few tricks. Check out this article by Excel MVP @Mynda Treacy https://www.myonlinetraininghub.com/use-excel-slicer-selection-in-formulas

@Ingeborg Hawighorst 

thanks for the reply. I already know about this solution however I think it would be good to implement this functionality as adding a pivot table also has its flaws such as need to refresh if any new data is added.