Table Headers

Copper Contributor

I created a table that has information I need to capture each week for 13 weeks.  So, under each week, there are 3 cells (Appointments Set, Appointments Run, Enrollments Set).  When I make these 3 cells repeat across the table as headings under each week, Excel adds a 2, then 3, etc.  Under week 1, the 3 cells are Appointments Set, Appointments Run, Enrollments Set and then Under Week 2, they auto correct to Appointments Set2, Appointments Run2, Enrollments Set2, then under Week 3, it adds a 3.  How do I turn that function off?  Is it possible?  I want each Week to say the same 3 headings.

2 Replies

Table doesn't allow duplication of column headers, they are to be different, You may use sequential tables or convert table to range, perhaps some other workaround. 

Hello,

the issue is that you are trying to enter data into a report layout. That is never a good idea. Instead, create a flat table with columns for Week, Type and value. In the type column, enter either Appointments set, Appointments run or Enrollments Set and in the value column enter what the data is for that week and type combination. 

The data entry table does not have to look pretty, it just needs to be functional.

Now you can build a pivot table where your data is grouped by week and type. 

2019-01-25_16-20-49.png

This is a very simplified example. You may have more fields in the table, which can be used to add rows to the pivot table.