TEXTJOIN function - Can’t see my error!

Copper Contributor
I’m trying to display text from one page of a worksheet in a cell on another page, and have tried various things, but keep getting the error #NAME?

Please let me know if you can see what is wrong with the way I’ve written this function:
=TEXTJOIN(“ “,TRUE,Tops!C2,Tops!D2,Tops!B2)
2 Replies

Hi,

The arguments you have supplied to this function are correct, so I can only think of two reasons why you might be seeing a #NAME?

1) The first argument is not being recognised as text. Double check that the speech marks are being recognised as double speech marks and not invalid characters. If you copy this exact formula from the web page and paste it into Excel, you can reproduce this error.

2) You are using a version of Excel that does not support this function. This function was introduced in an update to Office 2016.

For Desktop you can easily check by selecting Insert Function on the Formulas tab and check that a description of the function is displayed at the bottom and that all the arguments are valid.

For Mobile you will have to look closely at the individual characters. Check that the double speech marks are pointing straight down, and not slightly forward.

Hope this helps
Russell

Hi Beth,

If you change quotation mark symbol from  - CHAR(147) on " - CHAR(34) it shall work

=TEXTJOIN(" ",TRUE,Tops!C2,Tops!D2,Tops!B2)