Sudden issues with .xlsm file

Copper Contributor

A long established, unedited .xlsm file has suddenly started to crash with various runtime errors. This file was originally put together ten years ago as an .xls file and was converted to .xlsm when I upgraded to the newest version of Excel two years ago. It has run flawlessly up till now. It is not a file corruption issue as .xlsm backups going back months and years also crash but older .xls file backups run fine in compatibility mode. If I convert one of those older .xls backups to .xlsm format they too crash. Concluding it was a corrupt application issue I reloaded Office from the website but the problem persists. I have been able to transfer the data from the most recent .xlsm file into the .xls format and it runs fine in compatibility mode but that does not resolve the issue. McAfee virus scan turns up nothing amiss.

The runtime errors occur when data are either added or deleted. Macros run fine.

2 Replies

@Nickolas52This is way to complex to explain in  a onetime blog. The Volintile server program originaly infiltrated AOL Microsoft in the late 90s any infrastructure from win 98 2000 continued to win 8. Was manipulated buy A group of hackers I know of at least 1 was employed as Microsoft employee server Domain admin conspired with his High school buddies to create find exploit hidden gaps in server Frame work. Creating the DARK WEB. I discoverer-ed this around 2008-09 it was slaughter on me till I gave up 2011 let him have all my digital Identity. I only was able to keep my # on POS analog flip phone. And since been learning all I can on Linux based coding and OS. This is real people No Joke. Im just not Socially inapt-ed to communicate this well. But well adapted to get Sheldoned wigged out on this subject. Most people cant fallow my thought processes  to corner store. So there NO WAY they get thare to buy my Theories research, SulaFox, George Rome, George king, on any  Platform gmail forums Face Book twitter. You will either find them posing as me throw u off Nasty Behavior or typing garbage or Attacking me/devices In mid Explanation. Locking my devices to accounts I did not create. Dont trust me research This wasnt my feild but doing NOW nobody else could find thare way to anything Try ME. ASK Q LOTS QUESTIONS

I just want my .xlsm file to run. I’ve been using Excel for 25 years and this is the weirdest thing I’ve encountered.