Spell out issue?

Brass Contributor

I have an estimate sheet that has a cell that has the code =SpellNumber(J24) in one of the cells.  Spells out the dollar amount of that number.  Sheet works fine.  Opened the sheet to make some adjustments, and now it will not spell out the dollar amount.   Noting I did should effect that coding?  I am using Office 365.  The error I am getting is #NAME?.   Tried to save the sheet in a Macro-Enabled and Standard, noting seems to matter. 

3 Replies

@Budman36 

#NAME? error means Excel is not familiar with the function you are using. Maybe that UDF is not available now in your file.

While your file is open, press Alt+F11 to open the VB Editor and check in the project explorer pane on the left to see if there is a Module inserted like Module1 etc. Double click that module and see if the code window contains the function you are using.

If you don't find that function in there, that means you have lost it and you will need to place it again to make it work.

@Subodh_Tiwari_sktneer 

That was the issue.  Not sure how it was deleted, but it's back and works now.

Thanks for the help.

@Budman36 

You're welcome! Glad I could help.

Please take a minute to close your question by accepting the post as an Answer which helped you to resolve the issue you were having.