Setting permissions to different users to access different spreadsheets within the same workbook

Deleted
Not applicable

Hi all,

I am trying to set permissions to different users to access different spreadsheets within the same Excel workbook. For example, user A will be able to access 'Overall' and 'A' spreadsheets but not 'B' spreadsheet. User B will be able to access 'Overall' and 'B' spreadsheets but not 'A'. Would greatly appreciate any advice on how to achieve this function, thank you!

Capture1.JPG

6 Replies

HI @Deleted 

That would require some complex VBA programming to set up

It's not possible with standard Excel functionality

Hi@Wyn Hopkins 

Would you know where can I find the vba code to set up this function?

Thanks

I just googled and found this article
http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/showthread.php?40194-Un-protect-sheet-for-specific-user

I'd only advise doing this if you have good VBA experience, and if the data isn't too sensitive. Excel sheet protection is not particularly strong.
Hi Wyn Hopkins, Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, the data I'm handling is quite sensitive.. Do you have any software to recommend? I'm doing up a project management tracking system where 4 users will be involved and my team will oversee the entire process and have admin rights. My main concerns are to set different levels of access and they can only view and modify the spreadsheet they are supposed to edit, not be able to view other spreadsheets. My team will have the overall rights to view and modify (if need be) the file. Thanks
Hi
There are techniques using VBA that can make it very difficult for people to access certain sheets but you need some experienced in VBA to get it to work really well.

If you have O365 then something like SharePoint could be an option (not an expert in that area but maybe post on the SharePoint community forum)

Hi@Wyn Hopkins 

Ok I will enquire in the SharePoint community forum, appreciate the help rendered!