SOLVED

Setting Print Areas Not Working in Excel 2016

Copper Contributor

Financial spreadsheet. Each month has 5 columns. Each month I print 6 columns. December will only print the 6 columns on two pages. All other months print 6 columns on one page. All other spreadsheets print correctly.

Have changed the December font size and column width........Still prints on two pages with column 6 on the first page and 1-5 on the second page.

3 Replies

Hi 

Is your Page Set up set to 1 page wide by 1 page tall?

image.png

Height and Width were both set on Automatic with a scale of 10%. I reset both to 1 Page. The 6 columns all printed on one page. Hooray!!! Thanks for the Voodoo.

Questions:

1. Why did every other set of 6 columns set in Automatic print properly?

2. What would have happened if I had set H and W to 3 or 4?

best response confirmed by ok1wire (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Great,

Sometimes the size of the page just happens to fit, if the columns are just slightly wider on the December page the column will drop onto a second printout.

Setting the width and height will utilise those extra pages if required. I often set Width to 1 and height to automatic so extra pages are printed for long reports.

Would you mind marking the solution as Best Response if it helped. Thanks
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ok1wire (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Great,

Sometimes the size of the page just happens to fit, if the columns are just slightly wider on the December page the column will drop onto a second printout.

Setting the width and height will utilise those extra pages if required. I often set Width to 1 and height to automatic so extra pages are printed for long reports.

Would you mind marking the solution as Best Response if it helped. Thanks

View solution in original post