SOLVED

Search find in excel

Copper Contributor

usig search function on menu , it doesnt show  the doc im working on as the object of search .. how to get searching in current doc ?

also, i cant get search t o   appear in quick access menu .. it seems to have disappered every time i try to add it in via customise ribbon ...

also , a series of numbered boxes ( small ) appear in top left of s sheet ,, what is this and  how to get rid of it ...? its long column in grey at left screen

thanks

calgar 1700

th

3 Replies
best response confirmed by calgar1700 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@calgar1700 Search always searches in the active workbook. If you select more than one cell, it searches within those cells only.

Adding Find the the QAT works for me. I click the binoculars on the Home tab, right-click Find and choose Add to Quick Access Toolbar.

I'm not sure what you mean by numbered boxes, can you share a screen-shot of that?

what does " find the the QAT " mean ?
thanks for reply

Hmm, there's a typo and some jargon in there. I wanted to write "Adding Find to the QAT". QAT means Quick Access Toolbar, the toolbar at the top of Excel (or below the ribbon, it can be in either of those places).

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by calgar1700 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@calgar1700 Search always searches in the active workbook. If you select more than one cell, it searches within those cells only.

Adding Find the the QAT works for me. I click the binoculars on the Home tab, right-click Find and choose Add to Quick Access Toolbar.

I'm not sure what you mean by numbered boxes, can you share a screen-shot of that?

View solution in original post