Refreshable Connections via Sharepoint

Copper Contributor

I've created an excel sheet that pulls data from two excel online sheets that are linked to forms filled out on a weekly basis.

Because it's in my onedrive, I'm the only one who can refresh it, which is less than ideal.  Is there any way to create it in such a way that multiple people could refresh it?

5 Replies

@Topher11 -

Is your question asking if you have your 'Get Data' file in Sharepoint better than in your OneDrive?

Depends who has permissions to your Sharepoint; the same could be said about your OneDrive though. If you want other people to be able to Open and Refresh the data you'll have to give them permissions to the folder/file.

Hey @ChrisMendoza ,

My issue is that when I choose Get Data and then try to find the file, I'm unable to locate it because the only options I have are either to find it in OneDrive or import a list from Sharepoint. I'm trying to import the file from Sharepoint.

Does that make sense?

@Topher11 

You may use From File->From Sharepoint Folder connector https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerquery-m/sharepoint-files. Here filter your file, click on Binary and extract the table.

@Topher11 -

Similar to what @Sergei Baklan is saying, except that navigation within the ribbon is not working like that.

I ended up using New Query > From Other Sources > From Sharepoint List.

In the 'Navigator' window, select an existing list then EDIT.

Remove any steps, leaving only Source.

It should be showing:
'=SharePoint.Tables("...")'
Change to:

'=SharePoint.Files("...")'

You should be able to see your Excel, CSV, etc. files.

@ChrisMendoza 

It's here for O365 with ProPlus 

image.png