Pulling data from my inventory to fill qualities for new items

Copper Contributor

Hi!

I use excel to check in items to my inventory. Each item I have is unique because it's a collectible (so the qualities that differentiate one version of this item vs another means I have to treat them independent). However, each item shares most qualities with every other item like it, such as dimensions, date published, content, and location.

I have to create a new sheet for each upload I create (because we process the information in groups based on shipments and consigners) but is it possible that I can just pull the repeated data (dimensions, date published, etc) into my new worksheet as I'm filling out the content? I don't want to have to struggle to type in the date etc every time I see an item I see often.

I've tried custom lists, but it won't save the number data like the dimensions and date which are the biggest qualities I want to capture.

1 Reply
It sounds like the VLOOKUP() function would be a good start. Could you provide a sample so that I can walk you through this function and its use specific to your sample?