Pulling Unique text from a separate sheet

Copper Contributor

Hi All,

I'm trying to figure out how to pull unique text from a sheet into one column on another. 

We have a spreadsheet with scheduled projects for the month with other project data. Some of this information is duplicated representing multiple days working on one project. 

I'm trying to pull unique project names into a column on another spreadsheet to use for reference when being billed. I've attached photos to show how I would like the column to look but automated through a formula. Screenshot 2019-03-01 11.13.29.png

Screenshot 2019-03-01 11.16.22.png

2 Replies
I suggest you normalize the layout of your data with the following column labels: Date, Project, Team, Slice, Mastic, and Patch. Thereafter, any analysis you would want to make would be easy.
With the current layout of your data, worsened by the merged cells, it’s difficult to perform analysis thereon if ever such is even possible.

As variant that could be done by Power Query. Not easy, but perhaps the easiest possible way with such data structure.

In general it's better to build data in opposite way - have list of your projects and insert them in schedule using data validation drop-down list.