SOLVED

Pull values from other sheets to a summary sheet in workbook

Copper Contributor

Hi, I have an Excel 2010 workbook full of sheets that I want to pull from certain cells from each sheet and then insert them into a "summary" sheet. Not sure if there's a way to do this or not.

6 Replies
best response confirmed by Jamil Mohammad (Bronze Contributor)
Solution
The best easy way will be either to use power query or the free addin from here https://www.rondebruin.nl/win/addins/rdbmerge.htm

It'll have to be a power query. IT frowns upon us installing anything on our computers! I'll look into the power query thing - thanks!

Oh... power query is an add-on. Isn't there something I can do with formulas?

Using formulas wouldn’t be robust solution for this sort of work, if you cannot install power query then why not use the free RDB Merge addin which do not require any installation, it is an xlam addin file that you load and you don’t need the admin right to instal
It. I have given the link in my earlier comment, there are more detail there on how to use the addin.
If you have any question, feel free to write back here.

Okay, I'll look into the add-on you linked in your first post. I'm just looking for an easier way to do this task rather than doing it manually. Thanks again!

The add-In is the best one to combine multiple workbooks into single workbook. you can customize by defining name, or specific range etc. it is very easy to use and it is not going to be manual. the add-in does it automatically.

I can write VBA code for you to do the same thing, but it wouldn't be as effective and user friendly as the add-in, so when there is already a free add-in available, why re-invent the wheel.

Please post back, if you have difficulties using the add-in.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Jamil Mohammad (Bronze Contributor)
Solution
The best easy way will be either to use power query or the free addin from here https://www.rondebruin.nl/win/addins/rdbmerge.htm

View solution in original post