Print to pdf letterhead

Copper Contributor
Hi everyone, I have pdf letterhead type document (it's an agreement template) that I would like to export excel data into.

Kind of like putting the letterhead into the printer and printing my spreadsheet inside it. Except it's all digital.

We create agreements for different clients daily using a spreadsheet-based calculator so this procedure needs to be simple - preferably one I can write into a macro.

I don't want to insert the letterhead in to excel as a jpg or any other rasterised format, as it is print quality and needs to stay that way, hence why I'd like to insert the spreadsheet in to the pdf instead.

Is there a way i can do this? There must be!!! Thank you
2 Replies

@Carbysam 

It is not obvious to me that a picture inserted on the Excel sheet would not be sufficient.  Some of the pictures I have used are in the range 2-6 GB so they are not that low res.

@Peter Bartholomew thanks for your reply. Whilst that is true, there are a couple of reasons I'd prefer to print to a digital letterhead

• Components of the template are vector, I don't want to rasterise them
  • The pdf template has specific dimensions (live, trim, bleed etc) - depending amount of columns in my Excel print area (which can vary by 20+), the height therefore width will continually change - which is fine for the Excel part but I need the pdf to be set in stone.

However, I don't think there is a currently a better solution - have sent Microsoft a suggestion :)