Posting certain rows from multiple tabs to a summary tab in excel

Copper Contributor

Not sure how to go about doing this so figured I would come here.  I have a spreadsheet with tabs for each of our companies jobs.  Lets say there are 25 jobs with 1000 part numbers for each job per tab.  Each part has a certain process that is done to it, such as machining or assembly.

What I want to do is have a summary page where I can choose a process (etc. assembly) and have all of the rows that have the process "assembly" being done to it, show up on this summary sheet from all of the 25 tabs.  Is there a process that I can use that would do that?

Sorry if this seems like an easy task but it has me baffled.  I looked at Vlookup and index and match but none seem to give me what I want.  Any help is appreciated.

2 Replies
It seems you need a pivot table (insert - pivot table); highlight all the cells you want to consider and try with "suggested pivot table"; then you'll see if it's what you need or not. It's also possible to insert datas from more than 1 table (as I see, from different tabs of the same worksheet).

Hi Steve,

The way could be to combine all your tabs in summary table by Power Query and filter that table by slicers the way you need.