SOLVED

Pivot table shaow parentage as grand subtotal

Copper Contributor

helllo

I need to show values  as a percentage but not as grant total, it must be as grant subtotal as shown in the image  

Untitle222d.png

4 Replies

Hi,

I guess that's show as % of Parent Row Total in value field settings

thanks Sergei Baklan

Unfortunately, % of Parent Row Total it gets the value and divided by the total number in the same column. like in my example: 36 / 50
best response confirmed by Haitham Darweesh (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi Haitham,

I see, sorry for misunderstanding.

If creating pivot table you added your data to data model (usually default option) I'd add couple of measure (in PivotTable fields window right click on table name) like

PercentYes:=CALCULATE(SUM(MyTable[value]),MyTable[answers]="yes")/CALCULATE(SUM(MyTable[value]),ALL(MyTable[subcategory],MyTable[answers]))

similar for "no", and show them instead of number of yes and no. Not to forget to apply % format to the measure on creating.

Not sure about your field names.

thanks so much Mr. Sergei Baklan
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Haitham Darweesh (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi Haitham,

I see, sorry for misunderstanding.

If creating pivot table you added your data to data model (usually default option) I'd add couple of measure (in PivotTable fields window right click on table name) like

PercentYes:=CALCULATE(SUM(MyTable[value]),MyTable[answers]="yes")/CALCULATE(SUM(MyTable[value]),ALL(MyTable[subcategory],MyTable[answers]))

similar for "no", and show them instead of number of yes and no. Not to forget to apply % format to the measure on creating.

Not sure about your field names.

View solution in original post