PDF to excel. Splitting out Text from numbers

Deleted
Not applicable

I have a PDF (cannot convert) that has a combination of both text and numbers. I can do straight copy and paste into excel without the need to delimit. On the spreadsheet a persons name may be in column A,B,C and D whereas some may only be A & B or A,B & C. I need to filter out or custom sort in a easy manner to make the text fields blanks and keep the cells that have numbers. As the spreadsheet can be up to 800 lines I find if I filter I am either ticking or unticking the text or numbers for each column and its time consuming. The other option is to custom sort and again highlight all cells in each column and clear. Any help greatly appreciated. I figure as I want to make the text blank it cant be too hard. This will be a regular report so if I can set something up to be a template this would be ideal. 

3 Replies

did you try to use ISNUMBER? if numbers are imported as string you can try to multiply them with 1 and check also. for example if your value is in A1 then

=ISNUMBER(A1*1)

will return true else it will be false. Combined with if this formula can extract what you need

=IF(ISNUMBER(A1*1);A1*1;"")

Thanks very much Erol.

Has this worked out for you?
"did you try to use ISNUMBER? if numbers are imported as string you can try to multiply them with 1 and check also. for example if your value is in A1 then
=ISNUMBER(A1*1)
will return true else it will be false. Combined with if this formula can extract what you need
=IF(ISNUMBER(A1*1);A1*1;"") "

I have mostly been using 3rd party utilities such as PDF Converter: https://www.coolutils.com/TotalPDFConverter