Office 365 Update Changed the way Copy and Paste (clipboard) Works

Copper Contributor

I seem to be the only one that has this issue; however, everyone in our office (with the same version update) seems to have it as well.

Basically, the clipboard no longer seems to work the same way. It used to save the copied information, even after the selected range is no longer selected -- but now, it does not.

It is taking significantly more time to move data between spreadsheets.

Is anyone else experiencing this, or is this perhaps an error on our offices' Office update?

6 Replies

I am a long time Excel user. In this moment I have a subscription on Office 365 Home Edition. After a recent update Excel (and also other Office 365 products like MS Word) have a new clipboard feature.

The following problem occurs in my Office 365 instalation when performing a copy-and-past (Ctrl-C/Ctrl-V) of even  a single cell to another cell, Excel blocks for a five or more seconds. I appears to me that Excel is trying to make a connection to one of the discs (local or OneDrive), tries to open a file or so. If I click somewhere in the spreadsheet then the whole screen will be grayed-out and in the caption of the Excel Window appears the text "não responde" until Excel has finished what it started to do (I use Excel in Portuguese language, but translated in English "não response" should be something like "doesn't answer"). This anomaly behaviour happens only during the first copy-and-past command. Subsequent copy-and-past commands work "normal". I use an up-to-date PC with an I7 processor and 32 GB Ram. This PC has an SSD to start up Windows 10 Pro (V 1809). Office 365 Home Ed. is installed onto this SSD. I tried the Copy-and-paste feature in Excel during a "safe" mode session (via Win+R -> Excel /safe<Enter>. Even in this "safe" session this very annoying delay occurred. Note: my local copy of OneDrive is installed on a second harddisk (not the boot SSD where Office is installed).

Hi,
even I am facing the same issues please help me.
same Problem here. copied data sometimes does just not so stay in the clipboard. especially bad when trying to copy from .pdf when data before was copied from an office document like excel. it just doesn't pick up the data from the pdf (copying is allowed).

@jpeter267 I'm having the same issue except mine sometimes holds on to older copied data. So the wrong thing gets pasted.