Number format issue

Deleted
Not applicable

Hi

While using 2013 Excel, I used to set number format list in Quick Access Toolbar as the 5th buttom, so that I can change data number format by alt+5, and push "g" to automatically select "general" format immediately. 

2017711-135246.jpg

But now in 2016 excel,  in this process, the list won't jump to  "general" format by pushing "g" until I click the list by mouse.  This is a small issue but quite affect my working process. Since normally I can do a series of actions without mouse.

Please fix this

Thanks,

West

3 Replies

Hi West,

In 2016 is the same - you may add Number Format as 5th or whatever button, press Alt+5, and you'll be on General format by default, just press Enter. Or you may start typing format name "g"will stay on General, "a" moves you on Accounting, etc. No mouse click is required.

NumberFormat.JPG

I report this because I can't.  I think it a bug or it just happens in my Excel? :(

When I try to alt+5 select number format list and type "g" several times, it shows this window.  Does it relate to my setting?

2017712-115225.jpg

Hi West,

Looks strange. If you click by mouse on your Number Format button do you see something like this:

NumberFormatList.JPG

And do you sure nothing is assigned on Alt+5 in your environment? If you try to place this button let say on 10th position in Quick Access bar and press Alt+10 will it be the same?