Need to force recalculation.

Copper Contributor

Excel Online

I am using the following formula in a 200 cell column:

=IF(B3>=1,Vlookup(B3,Budget!$A$5:Budget!$C$140,3,True),"")

The formula fails to work when I change the value of B3 (or Bx) but will work if I simply copy and paste the formula from any other cell in the column after changing the value of the column B Cell.  I have tried to omit the "True" and I have tried to change it to "False" but it is the same.  Help... Please

2 Replies
Might help if you posted a spreadsheet showing the problem. The Vlookup you have posted is searching Column A5:A140 for the value in cell B3, and returning the corresponding value in Column C. Is this what you are trying to do?

@Geoff1951    That is exactly what I'm trying to do.   I seemed to have resolved the problem but I still don't understand why.    The lookup column contains a list of account numbers starting with 1.00 in cell A3 and ending with 10.90 in A140.   I enter a number in that range in cell B3 (formula in C3 to C199) and it does nothing.  Nada... no error message.  But, if I copy and paste the formula from any of the following cells it works immediately.  If I clear B3 and enter another number it does not work again.... until I copy and past the formula. 

Strange...... I changed the first value of the lookup column to 0.00 and now it works.