Need help.

Copper Contributor

Please see my snip for what I am trying to do and need help.

Excel Help.PNG

2 Replies

Hello,

duplicating data in different sheets is not advisable. It's a lot easier to keep all data in one place and use a report or a filter to display only the data you want to see. 

For your scenario, I would add a helper column that looks at the four inspection dates and returns TRUE if any of the four dates are in the current month. For example along the lines of this (replace date1 etc with your cell references:

=or(text(date1,"mmyyyy")=text(today(),"mmyyyy"),text(date2,"mmyyyy")=text(today(),"mmyyyy"),text(date3,"mmyyyy")=text(today(),"mmyyyy"),text(date4,"mmyyyy")=text(today(),"mmyyyy"))

Now you can filter the table by that helper column and show only the items where the helper column is TRUE.

Instead of the volatile Today(), you could use a reference to a cell where you manually enter a date. That would have the extra benefit that you can quickly change which month you want to look at. Just change the date in that cell and re-filter your table. 

Would that work for you?

Thank you.  I'm going to play with this and I will let you know if it works for what I am trying to do.  Thank you for taking your time to help!