Need help writing an Excel formula

Deleted
Not applicable
I have 2 Excel Workbooks saved. Both files have a column labeled Family ID which is a number corresponding to every member in one family. Each family has a unique number.

File A has the following columns: Family ID in descending order; child’s first name; Primary Parent and Spouse Name; and Primary cell phone. (Parents’ last names are often not the same as the child’s last name.)

File B has the following columns: Family ID in descending order; child’s first name; child’s last name; child’s birthday, and child’s allergies.

I need to insert the 3 column’s information (child’s last name, birthday, and allergies) from File B into File A. However, there are many additional Family ID’s listed in File B that are not listed in File A. (I only need the info for the children listed in File A.)

I will need to do this calculation on a monthly basis for each Sunday School class. File A is created using a child’s attendance record for the last 6 weeks and thus will be different every month.

Can you help me write a formula to search for each needed Family ID listed File A, and pull the needed column information for each child from file B into new columns in the corresponding child’s row in File A?

Any help you can give me would be soooooo appreciated.

Susie
1 Reply
You need to attach your sample files to avoid plenty of assumptions.