Need help with a conditional formula

Copper Contributor

I need to crerate a formula that will add $100 everytime an account increases $10,000. So, basically, if I have an account with $5,000, the fee is $100. As soon as the account grows to $10,000, the fee increases by $100 to total $200, then when the account reaches $30,000, the fee increases another $100 to $300 an so on. I am struggling to create it - would love some help. Thanks!

7 Replies

Hi Mike,

if you had the account balance in C2, incremental fee base (10,000) in C3, incremental fee in C4, then your can use the formula =ROUNDUP((C2+0.01)/C3,0)*C4

Thanks

Yury 

Thank you so much - heading to the spreadsheet now!

you can solve it by using the modulo function like this:

=A1+100+MOD(A1;10000)*100

where 100 is your fee and cell A1 contains the value to which the fee/fees should be added to.

Thank you! I am also in need of help with another formula. Basically I have a number that increases every month based on using 50% of another increasing number - but I need the final number to stop once it meets a certain level with the rest then remaining in the first number. Any ideas?

Thank you! This worked PERFECTLY!!! I am also in need of help with another formula. Basically I have a number that increases every month based on using 50% of another increasing number - but I need the final number to stop once it meets a certain level with the rest then remaining in the first number. Any ideas?

Could you describe this more in detail?

Maybe making an example?

I am working on a spreadsheet for an investment. What I want to do be able to do is start withdrawing an amount (% of monthly earnings) with the rest staying in the account to grow. But once I reach a certain amount, I want to stop having that amount increase every month with the rest staying in the account. I am attaching the spreadsheet and you can se that in 'B5', I set the cap on what I want to withdraw at $15,000/month. I want this to be so anyone who looks at this will have the ability to set this amount at any number they wish. Does this help?