Need a solution to go down a list of names on one workbook and return maches from another

Copper Contributor
Excel experience very basic, I rely on Google and asking the right question for need specific solutions. This one has got me stumped I have 2 lists on in two different workbooks One is a specific list of patients the other is a list of all patients that have had a particular set of labs done during a specified time period. I have been able to compare the two and identify which patients on my list also appear on my larger lab list. =IF(ISNA(MATCH("*"&A3&"*",'list,0)),"NO","YES") 'Yes' their specific ID# appears on the lab list or 'No' it doesn't. That same lab list gives the date, name of the specific labs and the results in multiple columns with an individual row (headed by a string that contains the patient ID#) for each test. Snuffy,Joe12345/test date/specific lab1/results1_1/results2_1/results3_1 Snuffy,Joe12345/test date/specific lab2/results1_2/results2_2/results3_2 I would like to be able to go down the specific patient list and add to it the aforementioned data points for each patient that matches up Final product would look something like: Column1/Column2/Column3/Column4/Column5 Snuffy,Joe12345/Yes/ test date/specific lab1/results1_1/results2_1/results3_1 test date/specific lab2/results1_2/results2_2/results3_2 Boop,Betty35698/ No Blow,Joe98745/Yes test date/specific lab1/results1_1/results2_1/results3_1 all the way down my list of patients. I have not been able to search a solution, probably due to my wording of my query. Any assistance, even if it's just enough to get me moving in right direction would be greatly appreciated Tusen Takk!
0 Replies