SOLVED

Need Help with a Formula for division with multiple variables.

Copper Contributor
I need help with a formula for: with the variable that only when M is over 250 to divide M by 2 to display it in N & O, when M is over 500 to divide M by 3 to display it in N, O, & P, when M is over 750 to divide M by 4 to display it in N, O, P, & Q.

I am assuming that this formula(s) would need to be in columns N, O, P, & Q but I do not know how to do a formula with the variables above so that when M is between 250-500 it only displays in 2 columns, is between 500-750 it only displays in 3 columns, and is between 750+ it displays in 4 columns.

With what I know about formulas, the formulas that I currently in Row 4 in the spreadsheet attached, only has M is dividing in 4 if it over 250.

If anyone could help with this, I would really appreciate it!!!!
7 Replies

@afprinter 

It could be like

=IF(COLUMN()-COLUMN($M3)>(INT($M3/250)+1),0,$M3/(INT($M3/250)+1))

in N3 and drag it to another cells

If I copy this formula into N3 and the other cells, I get 206 in N and 0 in O, P, & Q.
It works for Row 4.
Is there a way to get N3 to not display 206 where it is under 250?
best response confirmed by afprinter (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@afprinter 

When

=IF(COLUMN()-COLUMN($M3)>(INT($M3/250)+1),0,$M3/(INT($M3/250)+1))*($M3>=250)
That works awesome!

Now, is it possible to add Column I in the formula for N only when N has a value greater than zero?

@afprinter 

Value in N is greater than zero if only value in M is greater of equal than 250. With checking what we are in column N the formula could be

=(IF(COLUMN()-COLUMN($M3)>(INT($M3/250)+1),0,$M3/(INT($M3/250)+1))+$I3*(COLUMN()=COLUMN($N$1)))*($M3>=250)

Thank you SOOOO much!!!! I could never have done this!

@afprinter , you are welcome, glad to help

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by afprinter (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@afprinter 

When

=IF(COLUMN()-COLUMN($M3)>(INT($M3/250)+1),0,$M3/(INT($M3/250)+1))*($M3>=250)

View solution in original post