My pasted content isn't the same as my copied content

Copper Contributor

When I copy an entire column (control-spacebar) and paste it into the next column, the information is wrong, and I only get a handful of values.Left copied, right pastedLeft copied, right pastedLeft copied, right pastedLeft copied, right pasted

3 Replies

@missmasturah 

Hi

If you copy Cells having Formulas using cell references then these formulas when pasted change to reflect a new position.

If you just want the same values then use paste special which returns constants and text (CTRL +C >>ALT, E, S, V  enter

You can also copy to the right by using the shortcut CTRL + R

However from your selection, I can tell that you have Hidden or Filtered Rows, which means you need to Copy and Paste ONLY Visible Rows. If this is the case then here is my 2 minutes tutorial on how to do that, watch it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NizvmjfclZ0

Hope that helps

Nabil Mourad

Hi Nabil, thanks for responding.

For the numbers what I copied an entire column and special pasting it as values, without formula (which I think is what you suggested)
However for the text, I did a regular copy and pasting since there were no formula, but as you can see, the copy and the pasted is a mismatch of value.

@missmasturah 

Hello again

I am almost sure your problem is to Copy and paste Visible cells only.

I definitely encourage you to spend 2 minutes on the tutorial sent in my previous reply

Thanks

Nabil