Multiple cost prediction

Copper Contributor

Hello, 

I have a team of 50 colleagues who travel to over 75 venues during the course of the year. Once their schedules are sent to them they are required to predict their costs for the coming months, if their schedule changes they have to update the prediction. 

Is is it possible to have a formula on Excel with the costs for each person/venue loaded in the background so that when they are scheduled it automatically predicts the costs for the entire team? 

3 Replies

@Jikster 

It's too abstract question, it depends on how you organise you data. If you keep cost predictions in 50 separate files that could be combined by Power Query. If in one file - most probably by formulas, but again depends on how the data is structured.

@Sergei Baklan 

So essentially what I thought was an Excel document on which every colleague is listed, when the initials of the location they are travelling to are entered into their row it picks up which colleague and venue and generates a predicted cost (based on data previously gathered and keyed into the formula) but I fear that might be too complex.

@Jikster 

If you provide small sample file with input data (without sensitive information) and manually calculated desired result it will be easier to discuss concrete formula(s).