SOLVED

Moving data according to field (date)

Copper Contributor

Hello

I'm having a problem that i really cant explain other than with a picture, making me unable to search for a solution, or a function to use. 

I believe (and hope!) its quite simple.

1. I need to input data in the orange field daily, moving/updating the data into the blue fields, according to the chosen date (green).

2. I would like to be able to change the date (green) by using buttons, gaining access to the blue data in the orange field (so it goes blank for a new day, or is possible to change if needed) 

(It will of course have its own sheet, and be a lot larger) 

Hope someone can help me :) 

input2.png

6 Replies

Anyone? :)

You may see it easy!

You don't know how difficult is this!

Anyway, just upload the Excel workbook, I'll try to help you!

Hello Haytham

Yeah after searching far and wide i was scared that it was the case.

But i am very grateful that you will try and help :) 

I have added my workbook. 

I attached the app for you!

Notes:

The app depends on fixed cell references!

Any change in it, the app won't work correctly!

Ex. Don't change the date location from cell C1!

I've used the XLS file extension because this community doesn't allow us to upload XLSM files extension, but can convert the file to XLSM file extension after you download it on your device.

You cannot save it in XLSX file extension because this extension doesn't allow you to save the macros and VBA projects!

Hello again Haytham and thank you very much!

I think I made the document a bit to simple for myself, hoping i was able to simple move the ranges to the desired locations (another sheet):

adding Worksheets("Ark3"). before the "paste" range, but apparently i am missing something?

Can you tell me what I missing to do this transfer?

I have made a new dokument with your app still in it, but where the data "output" range moved to another sheet.

best response confirmed by Lars W (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Lars,

I told you that this app depends on fixed cell references, any change in it, the app won't work correctly!

So you have to adjust the source code of the app to adapt the new changes!

I cannot make it absolute dynamic!

Anyway, I've modified the app to adapt to the new changes you've made!

NOTE: You can add new dates to the table as below screenshot, the app is dynamic from this side!

Ark3.png

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Lars W (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Lars,

I told you that this app depends on fixed cell references, any change in it, the app won't work correctly!

So you have to adjust the source code of the app to adapt the new changes!

I cannot make it absolute dynamic!

Anyway, I've modified the app to adapt to the new changes you've made!

NOTE: You can add new dates to the table as below screenshot, the app is dynamic from this side!

Ark3.png

View solution in original post