Home

Merging Datasets

Jans_1194
New Contributor

Dear Experts

Please can you assist. I have column A and B in workbook 1 and column C in workbook 2. Column A and C contains some material numbers that match. I have to compare these two columns and pull the data from column B to align with the material number in column C where these are the same as the material number in column A.  

Example:

Workbook 1
Material NumberType
123a1
A75af
582_CMsg

Workbook 2
Material NumberType
K227 
H-1000P 

Thank you Kindly Jans

3 Replies

You may consider the formula "vlookup" to do the things. 

Since it is referring to another workbook, I suggest to copy and paste with values after getting the necessary data. 

Hi

Thank you for your response. Its much appreciated. A second question that I have is regarding comparison of data in two columns. I need to find numbers in column B that match the numbers in column A. Where column B does not have a matching number in column A, column B cells must shift down and leave blanks cells up to the next matching number in A?

@Man Fai Chan wrote:

You may consider the formula "vlookup" to do the things. 

Since it is referring to another workbook, I suggest to copy and paste with values after getting the necessary data. 

Highlighted

Sorry... I don't understand your question. Would you please attach a sample file with explanation to demonstrate the input you have and the output you want?

Related Conversations
Tabs and Dark Mode
cjc2112 in Discussions on
35 Replies
Extentions Synchronization
Deleted in Discussions on
3 Replies
flashing a white screen while open new tab
Deleted in Discussions on
14 Replies
Stable version of Edge insider browser
HotCakeX in Discussions on