Merge two separate cells in excel, that feature currency to create a range ($#-$##)

Copper Contributor

Hi everyone, I am hoping someone might be able to help me. I have two columns denoting currency eg E1=$0, F1=$69 (converted to single decimal). I am attempting to merge the two together, and create a range ($0-$69).

I have used the concatenate function, but the result I get is: 0-$68.814*******.

I need to achieve the following:

- numbers need to remain whole numbers, without decimals - both number values need to be expressed as $

- the "-" needs to be added, without a space

Does anyone know of a formula that may help? OR - is there something I need to change in cell format to achieve the result I am looking for? Thanks in advance - any insight or assistance would be greatly appreciated. :)

3 Replies
HI, This should achieve what you want ="$"&INT(E1)&"-$"&ROUND(F1,0)

Rich

@Rich99 - thanks alot for that mate. It worked a charm!

:)

If you don't mind be troubling you - would you be able to point out where I went wrong with the approach?

I'm trying to challenge myself to tackle things like this in excel, and make sure I learn each time I encounter something like this. Any quick insights you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Sorry for the late reply, The main issue is that currency is a format issue, i.e. you just enter a number such as 0 and view it as $0 hence no $ symbol when you copy it. You can Round numbers with Concatenate, CONCATENATE(E1,ROUND(F1,0)) but i suspect your $68.814 was not saved as a number as the result you got when concatenating it included a $ symbol.