Memory error on excel 2016

Copper Contributor

Hi all!

Recently i started have problem with the copy of excel 2016 installed on my pc. 

Every time i try to open a file o create a new one the program give me this error:excelerror

I tried to un-check the security option, update the program, delete the temp file, turn off the antivirus and reinstall the 64 bit version, but nothing worked. 

Useless to say that i have plenty of memory and disk space available for excel. 

I need help.

thanks for the help!

7 Replies

Hi,

I google it for you, and I found this link:

Microsoft Excel cannot open or save any more documents because there is not enough available memory ...

I hope this helps!

hi!

Thank you for the help, but i already tried that. 

My files are in .CSV, so they are unblocked by default.

I tried to change the format as told in the guide, but if i try to open them i receive the error or just an empty excel window (not even the blank work page).

Hi,

The file may be corrupted!

Read this support article to learn how to repair it, and how to recover data from it:

Repair a corrupted workbook

I tried several different files, but the problem persisted. 

Even on excel online the file is correctly handled.

Plus, i have the same "memory error" even if i try to create a new file in excel. 

I'm pretty much baffled about this error. 

At this point i think is something on the windows registry side, but dunno what to do. 

Excel 2013 - File - Options - Trust Center - Trust Center Settings(bottom right) - Protected View - UNcheck all three settings - Click OK - Restart Excel. You might be able to get it to work by unchecking one and testing, up to you.

This worked for me where no registry, or any other function worked. I wish Microsoft would just have the program tell you, 'this document blocked by Protected View', but I guess that would just be too simple.

also, fix the same issue in Excel 2016
thanks
Thank you!