Margins missing in print preview

Copper Contributor

I used to be able to adjust columns and margins in Print Preview (there was a little box in the right lower corner that if you clicked on it the margins would appear.  Now that option has disappeared.  Has anyone else had that problem and if so, how do you fix it?

7 Replies

@Sergei Baklan 

Hi Sergei,

In previous Excel versions, you were able to modify up to a minimum the printing margins. I can not do it anymore in the latest. Are there any solution to this? Thanks.

@Edu_SJ , in general it works

image.png

Most probably the problem is in your printer driver, that's not the Excel itself.

I don't have my laptop connected to a printer yet. I've already made the actions you posted, however, printing margins still wider than the Excel I have in my desktop computer. Perhaps is an issue related to the version.... @Sergei Baklan 

Look at this …

@Sergei Baklan 

@Edu_SJ , even if you din't connect any physical printer, you shall have some "printers" with there drivers which come with Windows or Office (XPS Document Writer, Fax, Print to PDF, etc.).

That is bit old post but illustrate how printer driver could affect https://superuser.com/questions/840135/excel-file-printing-forcing-margins

Another point if you have sacling, etc, that also could affect. In general Excel allows zero margins.

image.png

By changing the paper type, I was able to modify the margins up to zero. So is done!

Thanks for your help !